TP-Link has been one of the foremost providers for networking hardware to the users. They provide some of the best networking hardware such as routers, extenders, adapters and a lot more. Their routers are very reliable and provide a very good user friendly experience. The TP-Link routers need to be logged in before the user can go on to configure their network suitable to their needs. The login process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simply visit www.tplinkwifi.net and enter the default information when prompted. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The default username and password are case sensitive.
How Tplinkwifi net works ?
The web domain www.tplinkwifi.net is the web domain name that is used to login to the routers. The router recognizes the web domain name and automatically translates it to the default IP address of the router. Then the user is taken straightaway to the login page of the router. After logging in, the web based interface will appear where the user can complete the initial setup and installation process with the help of the on screen instructions.
Only after logging in to the router can the user gain access to the advanced features of the router such as the Guest Network, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Speed Test, to change the username and password of the router and to update the firmware of the TP Link router. The firmware needs to be updated so that the router remains capable to connect to any latest media devices. The new firmware also makes sure that the security on the router is kept up to date so that the router and all the sensitive information that passes through the router. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The new firmware also fixes any bugs or previously faced issues with the router. The new firmware might also bring some new features to the router and provide overall enhanced speed boosts. The new firmware also makes sure that every other thing on the router is kept up to date and so that everything keeps working in the optimum condition.
But there are some people who face some issues regarding their router. Here, we will try to explain and help the users understand their router better by providing the step by step process regarding the TP-Link login and firmware update process.
Cannot login to the TP-Link routers? [Solved]
Just follow these steps and login to your TP-Link routers. Here are the steps:
- Connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using the Ethernet cable. It is recommended that the initial setup is done with the help of a desktop computer. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Switch off the modem, router and the desktop computer and switch them on. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. A login page will display.
- When the login page has displayed, it will prompt you to type in the default information for your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. If the user cannot access the Quick Setup via the default password, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password. Try logging in with any other passwords. It that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its factory default settings.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to start personalizing your network as you desire.
Now, the user will have successfully logged in to the TP-Link router. The user can now further configure their router as they please.
Cannot update the firmware for your TP-Link router? [Solved]
Here, we will show you the steps to update the firmware of the TP-Link router correctly. Make sure that you do not download the firmware from any third party websites for your TP-Link router as any file downloaded from any third party website can damage or corrupt the router.
- Download the latest firmware for your TP Link router from the TP Link support website. Double check the model number of the router entered.
- Save the downloaded file to your desired location on your computer that is connected to the TP-Link router.
- Now, open up an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter. The login page will display.
- You will be asked to type in the default username and password. The default username and password is “admin” for both cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, the Quick Setup guide will display. Click System Tools.
- You will see the Firmware option on the left side. Click Browse.
- Locate the previously downloaded file from your computer and click OK. Click the Upgrade button to start the firmware upgrade process. It will take only a couple of minutes for the router to upgrade the firmware. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the router will reboot itself. Wait for the router to finish rebooting itself. Do not unplug the router or interrupt the reboot process.
Once the firmware has finished updating, the router will reboot itself. After the reboot has been finished, the user can start using their router as they please.